Thank you for booking onto the Felt Monogram Art virtual workshop. Below you will find all of the necessary joining instructions for the workshop as well as the materials and templates you’ll need ahead of the workshop. You’ll also find out how to contact Rachel should you have any questions or issues joining the workshop.
- Date: Saturday 26th September 2020
- Time: 13.00 – 15.00 (please join session at 12:45)
Joining instructions for this workshop
To join the zoom workshop, please follow the below instructions. You will need to have Zoom installed on your computer/mobile device ahead of the workshop.
- Download and install Zoom on your computer/mobile device. You do not need to create a Zoom account to participate in the workshop.
- At 19:15 BST (15 mins before the event start time), follow this link to join the session: https://zoom.us/j/92434369399?pwd=R0Uwd01ZUGpLSkp3OVdLZkJDd0t2dz09
- Enter your name as it helps me to identify you.
- If prompted, enter the following password: 627489.
- If you experience any problems logging in, please try entering the Meeting ID: 924 3436 9399 and the password above or try restarting the Zoom application.
- You can email Rachel at [email protected] and not through Facebook or Instagram if you are still having issues getting logged into the session.
Materials required for this workshop
Most of the materials will be sent out to you in a kit box. Below you will find a list of the extra materials/equipment you will need to look out for the workshop.
- A sewing machine
- Cotton sewing thread
- Biro pen or vanishing fabric marker pen
- Fabric scissors
- Glue gun and sticks (make sure you have at least two sticks as they run out really quickly)
- A ruler/measuring tape
- A small cup of warm soapy water and a towel (if making your own beads)
Making your letter base:
- Print off all templates supplied onto A4 white paper or adhesive paper (fern and flower petal) and cut out.
- Using a word processing programme, Photoshop or Illustrator, type your chosen letter in the Baskerville font (or a font of your choice). Stretch so that it’s around 36cm in height.
- Set up your printer so that it prints your letter over two A4 sheets. Alternatively, print onto an A4 piece of paper and enlarge to A3 size on a photocopier.
- Cut out your letter and place the paper template onto your felt, pin to hold and draw around with a vanishing fabric marker pen (or biro pen). Cut out felt letter.
- Pin the letter onto the remaining felt fabric ready to sew.
Please get in touch if you are unable to create your letter and I will provide assistance. I can also email you your chosen letter to make it easier.
Templates for this workshop
You can download the templates required for this workshop using the links below. As with the above materials, please print these templates out in advance of the workshop.
Help and support
If you have any questions ahead of the workshop or experience any issues getting logged in on the evening of the workshop, please contact Rachel via email at [email protected] or using this contact page. Please do not contact Rachel through Instagram or Facebook regarding this workshop.